Online grant applications offer convenience of applying for financial assistance from the privacy of home or other trusted location. It is a discreet way to handle a difficult financial situation. The following tips might come in handy before you are ready to make an online application:
1. Make sure that the computer system is located in an area where there no problems such as power outages or internet connectivity issues. A request fro grants is a serious matter and in case incomplete data or a partly filled application with your name reaches the issuers of the grant, then your chances might be ruined. So select a system that performs reliably and that is connected to the net via a reputed internet service provider. If it has an uninterrupted powers supply or power backup, then it is all the more safer.
2. Keep all documents such as social security card, driver’s license and banks statement in electronic form in a CD, DVD or USB drive. You can transfer them onto the system before you begin and as and when the online grant application prompts you to upload these documents, you can do so at the click of a mouse.
3. Depending on the grant required, you might be asked to attach or upload writings such as statement of purpose, grant proposal, motivation letter or even letters of reference. Have them prepared before hand and have electronic copies of these writings in a separate folder named appropriately in the disk or USB drive so that you can attach them to the application.
4. Some online applications charge a fee that needs to be paid with a credit card. Keep a valid credit card that you are authorized by your side so that you can conveniently pay the fee. Last but not the least, provide accurate contact details such as correct address, telephone number and e-mail address so that when you need to be contacted about the grant, it is the right person that is being contacted!
5. Highlight your profile. If you have any cutting edge achievements, honors or references from distinguished sources, emphasize them in your application and you will find that not only could you bag the grant, but the response from the university was amazingly quick!