Bobbleheads make creative gift ideas considering that they represent people, companies, animals and even events. The creativity has gone high and now you will find all sorts of boobleheads among them couple bobbleheads, bridesmaids, groomsmen, family, pet, costume, and sports bobbleheads among many others. You can have them custom made for you to make memorable gifts for your loved ones. However, just like buying anything else, you need to do your homework so that in the end you get the best with your bobblehead.
1. Choose the right body type. Body options are numerous when it comes to custom bobbleheads. You will have the option of choosing standard body or fully custom body. Fully custom gives you the chance to design from head to toe whereas the standard body comes with certain models such as those of females, males, businessman or nurses. You have hundreds of options so choose the body that is most suitable for the person you are getting the bobblehead for.
2. Decide on the base. The bobbleheads come with standard bases but you can choose to have it on a larger base or a custom base such as a car, animal or bike. You will of course have to pay more for the custom base, but it gives you the chance to make your gift as unique and creative as possible. Lettering can also be included on the base such as a quote or a name depending on your preferences.
3. Consider accessories or props. They are additional features that will make your bobblehead stand out. You can choose to have tattoos, glasses or hats and necklaces on the bobblehead. Logos can also be done on the shirts or hats at a small fee. Choose the best accessories ensuring that you can afford the cost of having them added to the personalized bobblehead.
4. Choose the right materials. The best quality custom bobbleheads are made using durable polyresin material. The material is highly customizable making it possible to have a finished product with high details in design aspects. Some companies, however settle for polymer clay since it has a shorter processing time. Clay is cheap but highly fragile and you therefore need to make the right material decision when customizing your bobblehead.
5. Check what options you have in making changes. Sometimes you might get a bobblehead that is not what you wanted and might need to make changes to some parts. Proofing charges are sometimes included in the price, but some companies charge it separately. It helps to find out beforehand whether you will attract any charges if you deny or request for changes to the custom design.
6. Consider the number of bobbleheads. If you are getting the bobbleheads for an event, then you might require more than just one. Extra copies will however attract additional charges. Some will give discounts on the extra bobbleheads but others charge full price for any additional head. It is something you really can’t afford to overlook.